And while we're here, is
Thursday, May 24, 2012
And while we're here, is
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Skechers update 9:56 AM
The footwear company will pay $40 million to settle charges by the Federal Trade Commission that Skechers made unfounded claims that its Shape-ups shoes would help people lose weight and strengthen butt, leg and stomach muscles.
The settlement also involves the company's Resistance Runner, Toners and Tone-ups shoes. The FTC alleges Skechers made deceptive claims about those shoes, too.
Sunday, February 5, 2012
Monday, January 9, 2012
I'd like to put a little more thought (not to mention humor) into this post, but the LSU-Bama rock fight I just watched beat it out of me. But as a disclaimer, let me just say I'm not the type to instantly poo poo every festival lineup, and say things like "2006 was so much better", or "this doesn't compare to the year Arcade Fire headlined." With that out of the way, here are my thoughts on this year's desert offering:
- As always, there's plenty of good stuff -- certainly enough to keep one entertained all day long. Here's my nerdy breakdown of the bands worth seeing on each of the three days. Seriously check it out, I converted from Excel to Google Docs and everything.
- When I said it's "enough to keep one entertained" I wasn't counting Friday. I'm just one man, with one opinion, but Friday's lineup strikes me as extremely weak, if not horrible. Granted, I'm not a Black Keys fan, but even if I throw you a bone and call them good, that leaves a murderers row of M83 (should be really cool, at least for a couple songs), Neon Indian (ditto), The Rapture (fun if they play at night), LA Riots (a dance band playing sometime around 2 in the afternoon), and that's about it. I'm gonnna talk myself into GIRLS and The Horrors, but talk about a throw away Coachella day. So glad we're still forced to buy 3-day passes.
- Saturday is VERY STRONG. Like "best Coachella day I can remember since they went to three days" strong. The full list of bands I "Really Like" consists of Bon Iver, The Shins, Kaskade, Miike Snow(!), Feist, and SBTRKT. Oh, and Radiohead is headlining. Great bands, great variety, great Saturday. I can hardly wait until Miike Snow, Bon Iver, and Feist are all playing at the same time, and I'm left missing two of them and furiously punching the shirtless douche in jorts standing a little too close.
- Amazed at the billing given to Kaskade.
- I could do w/out the obligatory rapper headliner--this year handled by Dr. Dre and Snoop. Let's move on.
- The rest of Sunday is pretty solid, with Justice, Florence and the Machine, La Roux and Calvin Harris being my personal must sees. If memory serves, I closed out Coachella a couple years ago w/ CH and Justice back to back and couldn't have been happier. I wouldn't mind a repeat in 2012.
- Speaking of headliners, I'm bitter about whiffing on my Van Halen headlining prediction.
- To recap, one epic day (Saturday), one epically bad day (Friday), and one good day (Sunday). I'd call that par for the course. (Although, part of me wonders if filling the lineup was tougher this year given that bands had to commit to two straight weekends. I suppose they could still fit in mid-week gigs in SF, Arizona, etc... Someone look into this for me!)
- That's all I've got. Let's see if I actually sack up and buy tickets. Good day.
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Robyn doin' work 10:14 PM
Then watch this:
It's like she made that [super awesome!] video hoping it would be mocked.
Note to readers: the preceding dance is an integral portion of my typical morning routine..
Monday, November 14, 2011
Skechers redux 6:58 PM
It's nice to see I still regret passing on this investment opportunity.
It's nice to eagerly await their next release. Stay tuned!
1 Seriously, this company doesn't know what the fuck they're doing.
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Quote of the day 9:31 AM
"Mark Dantonio rides with the motherfucking devil on a motorcycle made of dynamite and tears." -- @edsbs
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Sure, they probably could have chosen a non-ginger fist-pumping "stud", and the cyclist has that gross "cyclist arm"2 thing going on. But get a load of the sweaty, olive-skinned beauty in the center! Not only does she look like she just finished up a 10-mile jog through the back roads of my dreams (thus further sculpting her finely toned upper arms), but her lips look poised gently blow on the nape of my neck. I'm in love. Team in Training Lady, I don't know who you are, or where you've been all my life, but I want to train with you. I want to donate to your cause. I want to buy you shoes. And roses. And energy gels. Run on.
1 This is sophomoric, unoriginal, and beside the point (or is it?), but it bothers me to no end that Team In Traning uses the "acronym" TNT rather the more (i.e. totally) accurate TIT. How is an acronym that conjures images of Al-Qaeda, Wile E. Coyote, and my dad's insurance agency more PC than a slang term for boob? Ugh.
2 I retract this statement if the cyclist in question is suffering (or has suffered) from cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, or any combination of the three.
Friday, October 7, 2011
Who knew?! 3:02 PM
The City Mall to showcase history of Lagos, artefacts
Zac Efron's co-stars poke fun at broken jaw drama
How to Open a Clothing Store in Nigeria Report Published by New York Closeout Business
Nigerian Society Loughborough University
Stock Market in Nigeria
Q&A: Do you live in a football living country?
International Football Expo in Lagos, Nigeria!!!
SAP job profile
Congestion at Nigerian Sea Ports
Latest Nigeria News News
Latest Nigerian News